Freitag, 3. Juli 2009

Queen of the midsummer

Yatta!

So, three days ago - Pazi was lvl 13 - I decided to try to explore Mulgore and Durotar for maximum experience gain. There are two ways to get to the Barrens and from there to Mulgore and Durotar. You can use the cave that connects Ashenvale and Stonetalon Mountains or you find a way to Ratschet. The first one is a hassle because there are lots of mobs up to lvl20. Its quite easy to get to Ratschet for a lvl 13 and there is no (repeat: zero) danger. Just go to the southwest of Westfall (its easy to avoid the mobs on your way) and swim your way to Booty Bay (no mobs in the water and you don't lose exploration-points if you stay far away from the shore). If I had to make a guess I'd say it took me 10 minutes. Once in Booty Bay simply take the boot to Ratschet. I made my way to Mulgore while exploring the upper half of the barrens but then - with all the ore I minded - I had no bagslots open for anything so portet home to Auberdine and went to bed.

The next day I used the Ashenvale-Stonetalon-route to Mulgore. So, after exploring Mulgore and extinguishing the fire I thought to myself "Why don't I try to steal the flame in Thunderbluff? It will give gold/exp." (I did them on 2 of my 80s already). Surprisingly I only died 2 times, got the flame and jumped down - and survived - and got no achievement so its obviously not over 65 yards. If it is so easy why not try Ogrimmar. So off I went to the back entrance .... and died like 15 times. 2 guards before the bridge, one pat on the bridge, 2 after the bridge, 1 pat after the bridge, 2 guards before the next building, 1 pat after this, 1 guard next to a building after this and so on - I'd say there are at least 20 guards between the bridge at the back-entrance and the midsummer-fire. And since I'm only level 13 I can't fool them with hiding, can't root them and die by one hit ^^. But in the end I got the flame and portet home - I haven't seen a red-part on that gear-warning-thingy in a long time, and this time it was completely red. All items had 0 durability. But repaircosts were only 10s :D

So yesterday - level 16 now - I thought about the idea to get the Undercity- and Silvermoon-flame without losing to much exploration-experience getting there and without the help of a warlock or something since I couldn't afford it anyway. Easy... or so I thought. I used the zeppelin (which cost me 7 deaths because if you die on it and don't release the ghost you will die again after a zone-change); once in Tirisfal I release and try to run back just to see my body move away with the zeppelin and bam ... loading screen (zonechange) and dying sound and back in Ogrimmar ... again ^^ Anyway back in Tirisfall I used the Spirit Healer to resurrect me and off to Brill and Undercity. Extinguished the fire and got the flame, no death no nothing. What? Just as I went outside from Undercity I saw something and then BAM "Release Spirit". Yep, I'm no PvP-Virgin anymore, got killed for the first time by another ??-druid :D (note: another ?? tried but I could root him and run out of sight and from the looks of his gear he must have been lvl30 or something). The graveyard in Tirisfal is in the north-west (near to SM). So my idea was to swim from there to the east along the shore till I reach Ghostlands. A little later I remembered that that portal-thingy between WPL and Ghostlands probably has a meaning as in "You-can-only-enter-here-since-this-is-another-zone" ... Well, I was sure about it when I was in the ocean but according to the minimap in the middle of Ghostlands. I didn't want to give up and I didn't want to swim back ... so I drowned myself just to see where the next graveyard would be (man those 3 minutes can be long). Huh, I'm in the middle of the WPL and since I'm dead I don't gain/lose exploration-experience. Through the portal to Ghostlands and resurrect at the Spirit Healer in Zul'Aman and get the flightpoint while we're at it (I was so happy that I didn't check but I believe it's not connected since I don't have flightpoints in WPL or EPL).
It was late but I wanted to try so I went as fast as possible to Silvermoon (not much exploration). Died 3 or 4 times, got the flame, died another time, resureccted, ported, turned in the quests and earned me the achievement "Queen of the midsummer festival" and I'm now level 18. I'm so proud XD

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen